Located at the edge of the Sonian forest, the Boitsfort Hippodrome actually lies in the municipality of Uccle – a fact obscured by its customary name. This gateway to the Sonian forest is located at the intersection of Avenue Roosevelt and Chaussée de la Hulpe.
The classified Uccle-Boitsfort Hippodrome site covers an area of 32.5 hectares, and includes a race course and 29 buildings.
The Brussels-Capital Region has three main goals there:
- to preserve the site’s natural and historic heritage;
- to develop a recreational green space for families;
- to develop the site’s recreational, educational and/or cultural functions.
The role of the Urban Development Corporation (sau-msi.brussels)
The Brussels-Capital Region has granted the Urban Development Corporation (sau-msi.brussels) a long lease of 99 years for the following purposes:
- to restore the site’s main historic buildings;
- to organise the site’s development and operation.