The Urban Development Corporation (sau-msi.brussels), acting on behalf of the Brussels-Capital Region, has launched the procedure for the sale of a 19,000 m2 building opposite the Bourse, the epicentre of the new pedestrian zone.
The building, which was previously used by Actiris, the Brussels Regional Employment Office, occupies more than the south-east half of the triangular block formed by Boulevard Anspach, Rue Paul Delvaux and Rue du Marché aux Poulets in the heart of the city. It has seven floors above the ground floor, which is currently occupied by shops.
The procedure adopted for placing this regional building on the market is that of a sale subject to conditions. The SAU has been particularly careful to take account not just of the price offered, but of criteria relating to architectural quality, functional diversity and active use of the building, given its strategic location.
- The SAU published the specifications of the sale subject to conditions on 19 June 2017.
- From the 16 applications received by the closing date, 31 August 2017, it short-listed five potential buyers on 30 October 2017. Three of these then submitted a detailed plan by the March 2018 deadline.
- On 14 June 2018 the Government of the Brussels-Capital Region tasked the SAU with finalising the sale procedure with the selected consortium: VDD Project Development - Vervoordt r.e. (with Coussée & Goris Architecten).
- In the next part of the procedure, the SAU will accompany the buyer, which must submit a planning application within nine months, until planning permission is actually obtained, which should happen by the end of 2021.
- The reopening of the fully renovated building is scheduled for 2024.
- Eva FONTEYN email@example.com +32 (0)2 899 38 15